MY WORLD

MY WORLD

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sami's Dance

Sami's first year in dance was tons of fun!! She loved; the socializing, the costumes, the make-up, the friends, the stickers, the cupcakes, the performances, the pictures, the friends, the teachers (sometimes), the glitter, the sequins, the friends, the twirls, the games, the spins, the splits, the friends, the fans, the snacks, the friends .... notice the pattern? Sami had so much fun playing with her friends that sometimes she completely forgot to dance. Infact we got a little email from her teacher saying that potty breaks needed to be done before class because my sweet little girl always had to go & usually had the entire class go with her. (like Jr High already!) So funny!
These are some pictures I got of Sami's first recital, I wasn't able to take any at her "big" recital because it was at Weber States Browning center & there was no photography allowed. But that ended up being okay because it was a long recital & the "Little Pretty Ones" had to entertain themselves until it was their turn by collecting all the little sequins that fell off theirs & some of the other classes costumes. Evidently it was a pretty big deal ... so big that my little angel didn't want to put hers down with the other girls' so she could go dance, instead she just held hers tight in her fist & kept her left hand on her hip (the entire dance) so no one could see them. Only problem was that during her dance they were supposed to do moves that didn't involve keeping your left hand on your hip.... I hope you can see where this is going... I said to Lance about half way through " They must have really grilled it into the girls to keep their hands on their hips cause Sami isn't moving that arm ... (?)" So you can imagine my laugh out loud humor when during intermission (an hr later) I go to get my "Little Pretty One" off the stage & she shows me how she has the most sequins & it unfolds why she was positioned the way she was the entire performance. LOL ... I still chuckle :)
Anywho~ here's my princess all dolled up....









1 comment:

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

So Cute!! Where is she taking dance?