MY WORLD

MY WORLD

Monday, July 18, 2011

4th of July

This year over the 4th of July weekend we took our kiddos up to the Woodruff Rodeo & let them chase rabbits, chickens & ride sheep! Sami has waited a long time to be able to do "mustin bustin" & this was the year. I'd like to say she jumped right on & took off, but if any of you know my Sami you wont be shocked to hear that it took more than a little encouragement (& maybe a little bribery) to get her on one of those sheep. Her complaint at first was that we didn't bring her saddle, the second was that those sheep were "way too dirty". Finally we (me prodding, the cowboys cheering & her daddy running along side) got her on one & away she went! She didn't last long but not because she didn't hold on tight enough, only because she was holding daddy instead of the sheep. lol! She was very proud of her new shirt after it was all over :) Her 2nd cousins did much better though, Emily caught a bunny (that you get to keep) & won a belt buckle for mutton bustin, Natalie caught a chicken (that you trade for $5) & Makayla got a nice cut above her eye when her ride stepped on her head (better than any trophy)

It was fun, I always enjoy a good rodeo & I love Woodruff!

After a meal & nap we went back to my parents to light fireworks:

My Princess's 4th of July gettup:

No comments: