MY WORLD

MY WORLD

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Easter Weekend~Sand Dunes
We go to the Sand Dunes over Conference Weekend with Lance's parents & brother. This year we all went except Lucas. It was fun but its always a little nerve wrecking for mama ;) We camped well away from the base of the Mountain so that helped but the day we rode over there was kinda scary, especially seeing two different DWR ambulance side by sides taking injured & in one case a very unfortunate 16yr old. It was devastating to see a body covered except the shoes. We had a little scare on the way there when Bruce had Roo in front of him on their 4wheeler & got cut off from an out of control dirt bike. The kid on the bike had lost control & came flying over a hill from a different trail straight at my baby while we were riding some bowls. He laid his bike down but not before my father-in-law had to turn too sharp to avoid him & overturned his 4wheeler. Luckily Bruce stayed w/the 4wheeler instead of bailing (as is reflex). Roo & his g-pa were ok, the bike rider was ok & his friends were quick to grab the 4wheeler & tip it back up off our riders. It could have been worse but we all ride very safe & always with helmets. I did freak out a tiny bit. they were directly in front of me so I saw everything like in slow-mo & ended up jumping off my still moving ride 4wheeler & running to them screaming "my baby...my baby..." I scooped him up from his grandpa's arms before they could even get the 4wheeler off them. But as soon as I realized he was good I put him back on with his g-pa & away we went. Good recovery mom!! :)




 Me chillin, getting some much needed rest ... & sun.
 They kids (& dogs) enjoyed camp, & diggin in all that sand.
 Here's our family, minus Luke who was left home & Eb who doesn't enjoy riding as much as Jas.


No comments: