MY WORLD

MY WORLD

Saturday, August 16, 2008

SAMANTHA LEIGH NOOOO . . . .

Okay so if any of you have known my daughter very long you'd know that she has a problem with eating inedible things. We have found numerous surprises in her diaper such as; rubber bands, hair elastics, hair clips, barbie shoes (thanks mist), stickers (also thanks mist) and etc. . . . So before she was even a year old she'd had a chest X-Ray and a Barium Swallow (two separate occasions). Of course she turned out okay so far. . . no permanent damage. . . and she had been doing a lot better you know being a toddler no longer teething with no need to put inedible things into her mouth let alone swallow them. So two days ago I was talking to my mom and while we were trying to have a conversation I gave Sami (my almost 2 year old) a little jar with those little colored, plastic coated, paper clips. When out of the blue my mom calmly said "I think she's eating those" sure enough I turn to her right as she pops a red paper clip in her mouth and as I'm yelling NO swallows it down. I frantically tried digging it out of her throat of course with no luck, so there it goes yet another fun surprise we'll (hopefully) find in a day or two.
Wish us luck. If no treasure is dug up in the next couple of days though, we're really going to need Brian to get his X-Ray machine up and running! :)

2 comments:

shreevit2beaver said...

haha that's so funny, good luck I hope they come out soon and on their own :)

Lauren said...

Sami, Sami, Sami.... I hope it does come out easy. I always feel so bad when the litte ones are having trouble in that dept. :) She's so cute I love her to death. I feel like we haven't seen you guys in FoReVer!