MY WORLD

MY WORLD

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

ROO B DOO

Well, Andrew and I had another date down at the Burn Clinic on Monday. We talked with the surgeon and the physical therapists along with all the nurses we've been seeing and they all agreed that his hand looks really really good!!! :D YAY!!
They say we can now start the long and tedius process of regrowing all that skin. ... ugh! The surgeon was really clear that he didn't want me thinking I was all done. We don't need to go back down unless I have questions or concerns or if he burns (sun) or opens up those wounds again. But now we worry about the scarring. I have to keep his hand clean and lotioned up all day and massage and stretch it as his skin grows. He can't even think about going outside w/out spf 50 on that hand they said so I'm doing that and trying my hardest not to let it get too dirty. (impossible) I also need to really watch him because the skin that is there is really thin and new (like a brand new baby) and can tear and break open really easy so we cant let him fall and scrape it or anything because we'll have to start the whole process of cleaning and wrapping it everyday again just to make sure we don't get infection. I know I know this all sounds really easy ... especially if you know my calm, quiet kid that will just sit for hours reading a book or watching a show. ;D infact its so easy that the first day having it unwrapped he fell face first onto our porch catching himself with that hand and then later had his fingers in the sliding glass door my carefull daughter was shutting. O ya this is definately less stressful not having to wrap his hand everyday. (NOT)
Anywho ... I'll get some unwrapped pics up soon so everyone can see how far we've come in less than a month!! Wish us luck ... and if anyone knows of a plastic bubble I can put my baby in please let me know =D

1 comment:

Lauren said...

His hand looks so good. Good job Mommy! We'll have to keep eagle eyes on him and make sure he doesn't get too carried away acting like a little boy. P.S. I was pushing him on the swing on Sunday and he was showing me no emotion so we went to the plane and still no emotion.... Man what was I doing wrong. ;) ha ha he's so stinking cute! Love you Andrew!